Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Operation Christmas Child


OK, so it's been a while since my last post. The past couple of months have been a little crazy. But this one is LONG overdue! There are some great things going on at Rock Point and over the next few days I'm going to be highlighting some of them.

I would like to start out with our UpStreet Kids (K-5th grade). First of all, 2 weeks ago we had our largest attendance in UpStreet ever!! I was fortunate to be in there during their time together and the feel of the room was incredible. I want to personally thank our volunteers and staff who make that environment fun and engaging for kids each week. It's fun to see kids WANT to be at church. (I know I didn't when I was a kid).

Also, I was proud of our kids for their contribution to Operation Christmas Child. Each child was asked to put together a box for another child who was less fortunate. It's through Samaritan's Purse, an incredible organization that helps those who are in need all over the world. I was told by our staff that they were hoping for 25 boxes from our kids...which would have been a great number to send. But when the dust settled, our kids ended up bringing 49 boxes to ship off!! That is awesome! Way to go UpStreet Kids! I love seeing God using kids for His work. Looks like they could teach us adults a few things.

Look for a post later on about a few who got to share their life stories recently at Rock Point and other cool stuff that God is doing...

Heath

No comments: