Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rock Point Volunteer Party





Rock Point has some of the most incredible volunteers that make our environments work each and every week. They show up...set up...lead small groups...welcome people...push cool buttons...change diapers...help new families get acclimated...the list goes on, and on. Rock Point could not happen every week without them. A few weeks ago, we had a little get together for those who offer their time each week. It was a small token of our appreciation, but also a wonderful opportunity for different service teams to meet each other. Check out the photos above!

If you would like to join one of these amazing teams, please go to our website at: http://www.rockpointcc.org/volunteer.asp

1 comment:

j67221c said...

If you are reading this and wondering what voluntering is like or thinking that you may not have enough experience, then this may be of some help.

One of the best decisions my wife and I made in regards to Rock Point was to get involved. I will be honest I was nervous at first since I had no previous experience in the area I was volunteering in but, the first day I showed up to help EVERYONE made me feel very comfortable. All of the volunteers as well as the staff at RPCC was so friendly and patient. It made it so easy for me to feel a part of what makes RPCC so great.

So if you are hesitating about volunteering or just unsure about how it goes. I encourage to jump in with both feet. There will be plenty of people there to help you get going and I promise you it will be something you will be glad you did.